Senior Data Scientist
Mention changes the way companies monitor their online presence. Track your company name, brand, competitors, or industry trends for real-time updates on any mentions online and on social networks. Take action to react, collaborate, and analyze your online presence. Mention is focused on helping companies of any size to know what’s being said about their brand, competitors and industry.
Our key numbers :
- Over 750,000 professionals using the app in 125+ countries from companies such as Spotify, Airbnb, MIT, Microsoft, Lamborghini, Pinterest and Etsy..
- Thousands of registrants every month
- Three offices: Paris, London and NYC
- A team of 60 passionates!
We are now ramping up our Data & Analytics team with the mission to bring the power of advanced analytics and Natural Language Processing to PR and Marketing professionals. As a Senior Data Scientist you will have a leading role in applying state-of-the-art AI to develop user-facing features in our SaaS tool and you will report to our Head of Data Analysis based in Sweden and work in collaboration with our Junior Data Scientist based in the Paris Office.
- Work with research & development focusing on NLP and other fields within AI
- Contribute to building user-facing products that help drawing insights from large volumes of textual data
- Focus on problems such as sentiment analysis, named entity recognition and linking and document clustering
- Design and deploy (with help from Dev Ops) production-ready data science services
- Acquire a deep understanding of the business and product problems in order to apply the best suited data science solutions
- Work with the product team to make our data more understandable and accessible for our users
- Manage the data flow by accelerating and strengthening it
- Draw conclusions from your analyses and present the findings to stakeholder within the organisation
- Maintain and improve 10+ Data Science microservices in Python
- Collaborate closely with the Head of Data Analysis to understand and design solutions with the greatest possible impact for our users
TECHNICAL SKILLS 🎯
- You have proficiency in Python programming for data science and have a first experience using NLP libraries
- You are keeping up with the latest developments in the NLP space and are always looking into new technologies and learn beyond your current set of expertise
- You have some data engineering knowledge and have deployed data science services to production
- You are familiar with cloud platforms (AWS, Microsoft Azure or Google Cloud)
- You may have a background in statistics or applied mathematics
- You are used to work with the following tools/methods: Docker, Git, Github, Jira
Data Science Stack: Python3, SpaCy, Scikit-Learn, gRPC, Flask, Pytorch, Docker, Git
Backend Stack : PHP7, Go, React, Mysql, ElasticSearch, Kafka, REST & GraphQL APIs, Git, Vagrant, Jenkins.
- Master's Degree in Data Sciences, Applied Mathematics, Machine Learning or related
- 3 to 5 years of experience in Data Sciences, ideally in a tech company
- Good communication and collaboration skills
- Analytical & data-driven
- Problem-solver, curious, creative and persuasive
- Fluent in English, French is a plus. This includes written, speaking and reading
- Competitive salary
- Working in a fast growing startup with talented people
- Spotify subscription: doing data science is better with music 😀
- Lunch vouchers
- Healthcare insurance
- Mention sport session every Monday
- Many team events, include our famous yearly retreat 🏝
🙏 #OneTeam : We are nothing without each other. We support each other, celebrate individuality, and always move together.
🚀#ToTheMoon : The possibilities are endless. We're ambitious, we want to lead, and we want to change the industry.
🤖#HackToTheFuture : We build, test, improve, and scale - better, faster, & smarter. And when it's done, we do it again.
🔊#ListenUp : We learn more from each other than the sound of our own voices. The more we listen, the more we learn.